If you are 25 years old or younger as you are reading this, we'd like to give you a free one-year digital membership in the International Society of Bassists!
Thanks to a bequest from the estate of longtime ISB member Al Fisher, the ISB invites bassists 25 & Under to:
- Receive the latest Bass World magazines as mobile-friendly flipbooks. Read on your computer or other digital device!
- Insure your instrument and bows through Anderson Musical Instrument Insurance Solutions at ISB group rate discount.
- Access the ISB's online Membership Directory and appear in the Teachers Directory.
- Access members-only content on the ISB website, including the George Vance Online Library.
- Become eligible to register for ISB conventions and competitions.
There are three ways to accept our gift of a free one-year digital membership by the Sunday, December 31, 2023 deadline!
- If you are a first-time member and are 25 years old or younger, join here.
- If you are a current ISB member 25 & Under, thank you! We'll add a free year to your existing membership (your membership will be converted to digital if you currently receive Bass World magazine in the mail.) Please login first, then come back here for the link to add one-year free to your digital membership.
- If your membership has lapsed, we can't wait to welcome you back with a free one-year digital membership! Please login first, then come back here for the "NEXT STEP" link to add one-year free to your digital membership.
ABOUT AL FISHER (1932 – 2022): Al had a remarkable dual career as an engineer in the automotive industry with over 90 patents to his name, and a professional bassist who played for years with the Evanston Symphony Orchestra. Al gave solo concerts across the Midwest and eastern United States, including a memorable solo recital at Carnegie Hall in 1973. He released a pioneering solo bass album, Al Fisher Plays Bass in 1974. Click here to read Al's article in the first issue of Probas, an early version of the ISB's membership magazine, in 1972.